Whether you struggle with addiction or associate with someone who does, these gospel principle-based steps can be a blessing in your life. The Twelve Steps of recovery have been adapted into a framework of the doctrines, principles, and beliefs of the Santa Rosa First Church of God. They are presented as key principles. You will learn how to apply these key principles and find that they can change your life.
THE TWELVE STEP CHRISTIAN RECOVERY PROGRAM
1. I admit that I am powerless over the effects of my separation or lack of fellowship with God, and that my life has become unmanageable.
2. I believe that the power of Jesus Christ, through the working of the Holy Spirit, will restore me to fellowship with God.
3. I will make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God.
4. I will take a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself.
5. I will admit to God, to myself, and to another human being, the exact nature of my wrongs.
6. I will become entirely ready to have God remove all of my sins..
7. I will humbly ask Him to remove them.
8. I will make a list of all persons I have harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.
9. I will make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. I will continue to take a daily personal inventory, and when I am wrong, I will try to promptly admit it.
11. I will seek through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, praying only for the knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I will try to carry this message to others and I will try to practice these principles in all of my affairs.